Badges vs. Bad Guys will be Illinois’ most exciting event with matches between Fire, Police & Bad Guys
Proceeds pay for local youth boxing programs and the winners of the Jr. Olympics travel expenses to nationals. Sheriff Mark Curran and Mundelein Mayor Steve Lentz are just a couple of names that you will recognize who will be boxing at the event.
Tony “The Motivator” at the Lake County Athletic & Boxing Club has openings at the Monday through Thursday 4-6 PM boxing classes to train a few more Badges or Bad Guys.
Badges vs Bad Guys Fighter Info
• Registration: All Boxers must register as an athlete with USA Boxing. Go to usaboxing.org and register as a Wisconsin athlete. Our club name is Lake County Boxing Club. Email proof of registration with photocopy or scanned copy of state ID or passport to email@example.com
Coach Lentz then sends this to the State Boxing Registration Chairman and you will then be sent your official USA Boxing passbook that Coach Lentz will hold on to until the fight.
If you are over 36 years old, register as a masters boxer and get a medical doctor’s approval and documentation stating that you are cleared to fight. The documentation must include the doctor’s name, address and phone number.
You will not be able to fight or be allowed to train without doing the above.
• Training: All participants must know how to block punches, slip punches and punch. In order to learn this you must train with a USA Boxing certified instructor. All boxers are matched by USA Boxing rules but ability is also taken into account. If you can not block a punch or throw a proper punch you will not be allowed to box. Safety is our priority. Training at Lake County Athletic & Boxing Club inside the Libertville Sports Complex is $149 per month, $99 per month for badge members. If you buy a table for the event, then your training is free until you fight.
• Matches: Boxers as we stated above will be matched by ability. If for some reason you do not get matched for Friday’s show, then you can possibly fight the next two nights at the Jr. Olympics or will be first pick for the next event. This is an amateur show and safety is our main concern. If we can’t match you safely and fairly, then we won’t match you.
• Tables: Tables are $500 or $750 for front row. Each table seats 8 people and front row tables include a meal and drink. There will be food available for order at the venue. General admission tickets will be available for $30 each. If you are a cop or fire fighter competing in this event and buy a table, then your training is free until the fight.
• Charity: Why am I taking a punch in the face and how is this going to help the community? Lake County Athletic & Boxing Club is hosting the Jr. Olympics the following two days after the Badges vs Bad Guys event. The winners of the Jr. Olympics are sent to the national tournament out of state. The proceeds help pay for the Jr. Olympics event and travel expenses to the National tournament. Most of the boxers in this tournament are at risk youth and boxing gives these kids an outlet and shows them how to work hard and dedicate themselves. Mundelein resident and Lake County Athletic & Boxing coach, Larry Lentz also has learned dozens of kids at Mundelein School district would like to box but can’t afford this program offered at the Libertyville Sports complex. Any leftover funds will assist in covering any kid who wants to participate in our program.
For more Badges vs Bad Guys information
“Like” their FB pages at Badges vs Bad Guys and Lake County Athletic & Boxing Club or visit ToughManBootCamp.com for more info on the event and training facilities. Text or Call Coach Lentz at 847-345-5666 for training or table sponsorships.
You can also read and add comments on our Facebook page