Nominating Andrea G Swift for “Airhead” Award

Today I received an email from an andreagswift who, as it turns out, is Andrea G Swift, a local Round Lake attorney. She had landed on my site looking for some information regarding Round Lake School District 116 which operates a website at www.RLAS-116.org The school district has recently updated their website and things are a bit hard to locate when you are used to the old site. I was looking at it just the other day to see if they had finally added the name of the new Board member who will be replacing Doug Raul Williams. On the old site there was a specific tab that was titled School Board Members but on the new site the Board members are simply listed in the right hand column under the tab for Board of Education. Most viewers will see the pull-down menu and select one of those not knowing that the Board members will be found by simply clicking on the tab title itself.

Anyway, when I first received the email from Andrea G Swift I informed her that I was not associated with the school district and gave her their website link as well as the information she was looking for. Here is her first email:

>> To: Editor
>> From:
>> Andrea Swift
>> andreagswift@comcast.net
>> Message:
>> Who are the Board members of school District 116?

Here was my initial response:

> Andrea,
> You are looking for the Round Lake, IL. school website which is www.RLAS-116.org
> The page you want is the first link under Board of Education which shows the following. (They have a replacement for Doug Raul Williams but the person has not been confirmed yet)
> a.. Mrs. Nanci Radford
> a.. Mr. Michael Eckhardt
> a.. Mrs. Ann Welk
> a.. Mrs. Lori Berdenis
> a.. Mr. Kevin Daniels
> a.. Mrs. Annette Negrete McGinley

The second email from Andrea G Swift goes on to tell me that my site has crashed or been taken down as follows:

From: “Andrea Swift” <andreagswift@comcast.net>
To: “District116.org” <Comments@District116.org>
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 11:28 AM
Subject: Re: District 116 Board members

Your web sites have either been crashed by irate taxpayers or the board has taken the sites down. Can’t find their names or board agendas & minutes anywhere.

Once AGAIN I responded telling Andrea G Swift that she had the wrong website and AGAIN included the correct one for Round Lake Area School District 116 as follows:

To: “Andrea Swift” <andreagswift@comcast.net>
Sent: Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:22:54 PM
Subject: Re: District 116 Board members

If you read my email, and if you are looking for the Round Lake Area schools site, I said that the site you are looking for is www.rlas-116.org

www.District116.org is NOT a school website and has absolutely NOTHING to do with the schools.

webmaster

You would have thought that would have been the end of it but you would have been wrong. Shortly thereafter I received yet ANOTHER email from Andrea G Swift as follows:

From: andreagswift@comcast.net
To: District116.org
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 12:35 PM
Subject: Re: District 116 Board members

I looked at your site and found the minutes I needed, but I have not found the names of the elected board members.

In response, thinking that this was a poor local soul looking for information on tonight’s “COMMITTEE OF THE WHOLE MEETING” I once AGAIN followed up with TWO emails as follows:

From: “District116.org” <Comments@District116.org>
To: andreagswift@comcast.net
Sent: Thursday, May 3, 2012 12:52:42 PM
Subject: Re: District 116 Board members

WHY do you keep sending ME emails when I have TWICE told you that this IS NOT the schools website? If you have a problem finding something on THEIR website then I suggest that you email or call them!

However, I will tell you WHERE to find the minutes and agenda on THEIR site.

1) Go to www.RLAS-116.org
2) Click on the tab for Board of Education
3) Click on the tab for Meeting Agendas/Packets
4) In the page that opens, click on the Meeting date that you want info on
5) Click on the Agenda or Agenda Packet
6) Please STOP sending me emails! I have NOTHING to do with the school or THEIR website!

webmaster

and

I told you in my first response WHERE to find the Board members on THEIR website. I will repeat it again and then I am going to block any future emails from you.

Mrs. Nanci Radford
Mr. Michael Eckhardt
Mrs. Ann Welk
Mrs. Lori Berdenis
Mr. Kevin Daniels
Mrs. Annette Negrete McGinley

webmaster

So, now Andrea G Swift has the Board members names a SECOND time and has found the agendas and minutes. Is this FINALLY the end of her emails? Guess again!

From: andreagswift@comcast.net
To: District116.org
Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 1:55 PM
Subject: Re: District 116 Board members

you need to improve your attitude – your salary is paid by taxpayers.

WHEW!! Talk about someone who can’t see the forest for the trees! I fired off the following email to Andrea G Swift:

You are such an airhead! What part of NOT BEING THE SCHOOLS WEBSITE don’t you understand??????

I operate a local blog at www.District116.org and you continue to send me emails as if I’m associated with the schools!
I am NOT on the taxpayer’s dime, you airhead!!!

Now will you please STOP sending me your stupid emails and use the right site which I told you before is www.RLAS-116.org

That was when I finally decided to see if I could find an Andrea G Swift living in the Round Lake area. Google results showed a local attorney by that name who also had an active (now inactive) www.SwiftLaw.us website. Once I found that out I sent her the following email:

May 3, 2012, at 2:11 PM, “District116.org” wrote:

Now I see that you are a local attorney in Round Lake.

I am going to post this email conversation on my blog to show what an airhead you are, totally UNABLE to understand a simple message that told you SEVERAL times that I was NOT associated with the schools and WHERE you needed to go to find the right information. I’m sure it will impress future clients.

Have a nice day. Hopefully you got my other email response stating that I am NOT on the taxpayer’s dime!!!!!!!

webmaster

To which Andrea G Swift’s reply was:

Andrea Swift <andreagswift@comcast.net>
Thursday, May 03, 2012 2:18 PM
District116.org
Re: District 116 Board members

Good for you

Sent from my iPhone

Can I get a second on my nomination, please? I have removed her from my local business directory listings as well.

Did you like the ABOVE article? Share it: