The public portion of the Village of Round Lake Beach Council Meeting on March 14th lasted only 14 minutes. That was barely worth any residents time to show up. In the first 11 minutes, along with approving the agenda, the previous meeting minutes and the recent expenditures, eight motions were made and approved. After 11 minutes of record making motions and approvals, the Council went into executive session to hammer out the details for a settlement. In the final 3 minutes the Council motioned and approved a settlement with Restoration Dredging.
CALL TO ORDER 7:22 P.M.
Passed in only eleven minutes were the following:
1) APPROVAL OF AGENDA
2) APPROVAL OF PRIOR COUNCIL MINUTES 02/28/2011 AS PRESENTED
3) APPROVAL OF EXPENDITURES – $3,600,929.97
4) Ordinance Approving the Annual Municipal Budget for the Fiscal Year 2011/2012
5) An Ordinance Amending Section 3-2-8 of the Village Code Regarding Class B Liquor
6) Resolution Authorizing the Waiver of Competitive Bids and Approving an Award of Contract to Emergency Communication Network, Inc. in an amount not to exceed $27,000
7) A Resolution Approving a Memorandum of Agreement for the Mobilization and Use of a Portable Radio Cache in or Around Lake County, Illinois
8 ) A Resolution Approving a Memorandum of Agreement to Operate Communications Equipment of Radio Frequencies Licensed to One of More Agencies in and Around Lake County
9) An Ordinance Establishing Policy with Regard to the Collection, Use and Communication of Individuals Social Security Numbers for the Village of Round Lake Beach
10) Resolution Authorizing the Appropriation of Funds for Environmental Mosquito Program in an amount not to exceed $37,880.80
11) Resolution Authorizing and Approving an Award of Contract to Berger Excavating in an amount not to exceed $1,422,203.07
MOTION TO GO INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION – 7:33 p.m. (11 minutes)
MOTION TO RETURN INTO OPEN SESSION –9:16 p.m.
12) Approval of a Settlement with Restoration Dredging
ADJOURNMENT – 9:19 p.m. (3 minutes more)
The Board also squeezed in the Standing Committee Reports during this slam-dunk meeting including announcing that BeachFest would be held on June 17 & 18 and that this year there would be an old fashioned pig roast on the afternoon of the 18th. Anyone interested in being a vendor at the ONE DAY Craft Market, held June 18th, should fill out this FORM