For Graduating Senior students that reside within the municipal limits of the Round Lake Area and Hainesville
Application deadline is March 2, 2012
Please return completed application to:
Round Lake Area Chamber of Commerce
2007 Civic Center Way, Round Lake Beach, IL 60073
Contact: (847) 546-2002 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP:
* These scholarships are designed to assist worthy graduates who want to further their education academically or vocationally.
* The Round Lake Area Chamber of Commerce administers all scholarships.
* Awards range from $500, $1,000 and $2,000.
* Applicants must reside with in the municipal limits of Round Lake, Round Lake Park, Round Lake Beach, Round Lake Heights or Hainesville.
* Applicants must be graduating high school seniors.
* The recipients of any of the scholarships must plan on enrolling as a FULL TIME student (12 hours) at an accredited college or vocational program.
* All applicants that are selected must be able to attend the April 19, 2012 Scholarship Luncheon.
* Financial need is not a consideration in awarding these scholarships.
* The Board determines final discretion of eligibility of applicant.
* The scholarships will be awarded to the students whose application best indicates their ability to achieve the academic or vocational goals stated on the application.
* The Committee will select the recipients based on the information provided by the student as requested on the application form and a personal interview with the applicant if requested.
* Interviews will take place on a weekday during regular school hours. It is the responsibility of the applicant to attend the interview at their assigned time.
* The Scholarship Committee of the Round Lake Area Chamber of Commerce & Industry will make the final award selections.
* The awards will be made payable to the recipients in two equal installments. The first installment will be made upon proof of registration from the college, university or technical school. The recipients must maintain a “C” average in 12 semester hours during their first semester in order to qualify for the second installment. Proof of grade average and registration of 12 hours for the second semester must be presented before the remainder of the scholarship is paid.
* Families of the Round Lake Area Chamber of Commerce and Industry Board of Directors are not eligible for these scholarships.
Get your application HERE