Detour Route: Cedar Lake Road, to IL Route 134 to IL Route 120 to Hainesville Road
Does this look familiar? Get ready for some more local road closures.
According to the Lake County Division of Transportation they will be closing Washington Street to through traffic from Cedar Lake Road, to Hainesville Road, on March 31. The closure will begin at 6 a.m. and will reopen to traffic four months later. The closure is necessary as part of the Washington Street reconstruction and widening project. In the fall of 2013, Washington Street was reconstructed from Cedar Lake Road to Linden Drive. The upcoming closure is to complete the reconstruction from Linden Drive to west of Hainesville Road.
You may already notice some construction activities that have been going on in early March and will also include:
- Relocate contractor equipment from Dorothy Lane
- Install storm sewer between Bellevue Drive and Fairlawn Drive and along Midland Drive
- Install storm sewer on the north side of Washington Street from Linden Drive and to the east to Catalpa Drive (Sidewalk closure necessary for this work, restore with a temporary aggregate sidewalk)
- Install storm sewer on the south side of Washington Street from Arbor Drive to east of Ravine Drive
- Once Chlorination has been completed on Cedar Lake Road – Installation of Water Service outside of the roadway will be completed (date to be determined-short disruptions in service will occur)
This work may require some daily lane closures or a section of work zone near the travel way of Washington Street. However the road will remain open. Motorists should use caution during the next few weeks and watch for construction workers, equipment, and flaggers.