Lake County Sheriff’s Office is partnering with the Veterans Assistance Commission, several local law enforcement agencies and many local high schools to collect coats and outerwear for the Lake County Law Enforcement Veterans Coat Drive.
The collection period began Sept. 5 and ends Nov. 7.
“I’d like to thank Metro Self Storage in Lake Bluff for donating the collection boxes and the local law enforcement agencies and partner high schools for continuing this fine tradition of collecting outerwear for veterans and their families,” Sheriff Mark Curran said in a news release. “There is no greater gift than giving.”
The Lake County Sheriff’s Office and its law enforcement partners invite you to join them in bringing gently used coats, gloves, hats, socks and scarves to one of the following neighboring locations:
• Round Lake Park Police Department, 215 E. Main St., Round Lake Park.
• Gurnee Police Department, 100 N. O’Plaine Road, Gurnee.
• Libertyville Police Department, 200 E. Cook, Libertyville.
• Mundelein Police Department, 221 N. Lake St., Mundelein.
• Vernon Hills Police Department, 754 Lakeview Parkway, Vernon Hills
Donated items will be delivered to the Midwest Veterans Closet, 2323 Green Bay Road in North Chicago.Original Source