The Flu Season in the U.S. is Getting Worse

The Flu Season in the U.S. is Getting Worse

Health officials last week said flu was blanketing the country

This year’s flu season got off to an early start, and it’s been driven by a nasty type of flu that tends to put more people in the hospital and cause more deaths than other common flu bugs. In New York, state officials say a drastic rise in flu cases hospitalized more than 1,600 this past week.

The flu became intense last month in the U.S. The last two weekly report show flu widespread over the entire continental United States, which is unusual.

Usually, flu seasons start to wane after so much activity, but “it’s difficult to predict,” Jernigan said.

Flu is a contagious respiratory illness, spread by a virus. It can cause a miserable but relatively mild illness in many people, but more a more severe illness in others. Young children and the elderly are at greatest risk from flu and its complications. In a bad season, there as many as 56,000 deaths connected to the flu. In the U.S., annual flu shots are recommended for everyone age 6 months or older.

Comments

Lisa Schultz says:

Yes…people need to realize that it’s not too late. Many strains–get one!

Hey, Steve Patnou did your fever finally break?

NO. NEVER GET A FLU SHOT.

Kira Kruckow says:

It was mandatory at my job to get the flu shot this year . . .

Most hospitals also make it mandatory for all their employees

Karina says:

Yes they sure did it mandatory I took it and I still get very sick with neumonía 😞

We do not get the flu shot for ourselves or any of our five children, never have. We’re all very healthy.

We were in Big Hollow/ Grant district the last 20 years, never required. We now live in Walworth County Wisconsin & our children attend Badger.. They are not required here.

We do get all required vaccinations, dtp,mmr,polio etc.

Katie Osmon says:

Never had a flu shot, neither has my son. I will never get one and neither will my son.

Never got one, don’t plan to and it’s been quite a few years since I have not gotten sick. Thank God.

Jason Marvin says:

i will never get a flu shot because it makes you more sicker

Nope & will not…..do not trust the government & giving them for free….whoa who knows whats in that stuff

I got it in Sept 2017, got the flu the last week of November and then got it a second time two weeks later. It was horrible!!

I never use to get the flu or pneumonia shot but for the last 10 years I have. Although I have been sick a couple times it was mild compared to when I didn’t get the shots.

Alan Saul says:

Vaccine industry is the only industry in America you can not sue if they harm or kill you. They have board that hears the cases and pays out rarely but you cant tell anyone ever about the results of the settlements. Thats why everyone wants their vaccine on the mandatory list, pure profits. This should be illegal!!!!

Adam Johnson says:

Oh hell to the no! Aint putting dat crap into my body! Nope to the nope!

Write a comment